Did you know that physicians are able to earn CME credit by completing online ACOG eModules? You can learn more about ACOG eModules by visiting the ACOG computer lab (Booth 610) in the Exhibit Hall.
The online self-evaluation and learning program (eModules), launched in early 2014, features learning software that allows users to learn at their convenience, when and where they want, and in an interactive manner. Each eModule features a Pretest of clinically oriented multiple choice questions, rich discussion of the content, and a Posttest for CME credit. Each unit may also contain audio directions, embedded video examples, and drag-and-drop capabilities.
Medical professionals can earn up to 7 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM per eModule.
All content goes through six layers of development and is approved by an internal committee of ACOG Fellows as well as other physicians, depending on authorship collaboration.
The ACOG booth will offer demonstrations of the diverse units so attendees can sample the units and ask specific questions.
Current and forthcoming topics include:
- Approaches to the Care of the Adolescent Patient
- Fetal Heart Rate Nomenclature, Interpretation, and Management
- Infectious Diseases
- Infectious Diseases Part II
- Labia Minora and Labia Minora Labiaplasty Procedures
- Tackling Obesity in Patients
- Hypertension in Pregnancy (fall 2016)
- Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecologic Emergencies (fall 2016)
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and Associated Hyperandrogenism (summer 2016)
- Women and Heart Disease (fall 2016)
The Infectious Diseases and Infectious Diseases Part II eModules are currently available in PDF format but will be updated at a future date.
Content developers seek membership feedback regarding current topics that are in demand in the field, so attendees are encouraged to visit the ACOG booth and fill out a short survey assessment of membership needs. Those interested in authoring an eModule are also encouraged to visit the ACOG booth. Please visit
http://cfweb.acog.org/OnlineModules/ or email Anne Arnold, Director of Education Programs, at email@example.com for more information.