Working journalists are welcome to register for the Annual Meeting and to attend Colloquia, Clinical Seminars, Cutting-Edge Topics, Film Festival, Flip Classroom, Surgical Tutorials, and new research posters and oral presentations. Journalists may also attend Lunch Seminars, but are required to pay the $55.00 registration fee to do so. Please note that Lunch Conversations, Postgraduate Courses, Hands-On Courses, Ancillary Meetings, Subspecialty Society Sessions and the Business Meeting are closed to press.
Annual Meeting press registration is strictly limited to working journalists who produce original content and will not be extended to supervisory, management, publishing, promotional, marketing, administrative, consulting, advertising, or to public relations staff, industry analysts, or to organizations that produce Continuing Medical Education (CME) audio/audiovisual, online, or print resources. Press credentials are required. ACOG reserves the right to deny individual press registration requests.
If you are a member of the press and interested in attending, please email email@example.com for a dedicated press registration code. In the email, please include your credentials: name, title, affiliation.
Journalists may request embargoed materials by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. All journalists who receive embargoed material may not publish, broadcast, post, or distribute. This extends to print, broadcast, online, and social media. This also prohibits any teasers or promotions of content.
Registered press are required to observe the following guidelines:
- Any event not listed in the final Annual Meeting Program is not sanctioned by ACOG. Journalists that are invited/assigned to cover non-ACOG events held outside the Convention Center (ie, in a hotel) should not report its proceedings as happening before, concurrent with, or after the Annual Meeting or as having any relationship to ACOG or its meeting.
- Journalists who are also staffing an exhibit must wear their Exhibitor Badge while at the booth.
- Press badges are not transferrable to other individuals. The replacement cost for lost press badges is $125.00.
- Registered journalists may use audio recording devices during Annual Meeting sessions for reporting purposes only. These audio recordings may not be rebroadcast in whole or in part for any reason at any time. Registered journalists may audio record interviews with individual presenters provided that the interviewee has agreed and given explicit consent prior to recording. These audio interviews may be broadcast if that is the stated intent prior to the agreed upon interview.
- Video recording, including handheld video recording, of any Annual Meeting session is prohibited.
- Video recording in the Annual Meeting Exhibit Hall is strictly prohibited at all times. Audio recording is permitted provided that the individual being interviewed has agreed and given prior explicit consent.
- Television/video crews must register in the Annual Meeting Press Office before being allowed to conduct interviews or acquiring footage and must be escorted at all times within the Convention Center by an Annual Meeting Press Office staff person. Filming may occur in the Press Office or another acceptable designated area.
- Photography during any Annual Meeting session is prohibited. However, registered journalists may take photographs of presenters before or after their session provided that the presenters have agreed and given explicit consent. These photographs may be utilized as part of a news article.
- Photography in the Annual Meeting Exhibit Hall is strictly prohibited for any reason.
- Photography (and video recording) of Annual Meeting research abstracts is permitted provided the researchers have given prior explicit approval. Photographs and images of abstracts are for the journalist’s background use only and may not be reproduced, published, or posted online.
PR GUIDELINES FOR EXHIBITORS
- ACOG strongly discourages unofficial activities at its Annual Meeting. Unofficial activities are those not sponsored or sanctioned by ACOG and include, but are not limited to, press briefings, media events, product announcements and unveilings, focus groups, luncheons, and roundtables. (See Exhibitor Prospectus for additional details.)
- Companies that have received approval from ACOG to hold symposia, product theaters, or company staff meetings in one of the hotels in ACOG’s housing block must follow these guidelines: All related press releases, media advisories, announcements, invitations, educational materials, etc., must clearly indicate the name of the industry sponsor as well as the source of financial support. In no way should any materials directly or indirectly imply that an unofficial program or activity is associated with ACOG or its meeting. Terms such as “presented during,” “presented in conjunction with,” “preceding,” “prior to,” “following,” “live from,” etc., in reference to ACOG and/or its Annual Meeting may not be used in any materials.Use of the ACOG name, logo, seal, or the Annual Meeting logo or name also is not permitted without written ACOG authorization.
- To avoid sanctions, exhibitors are advised to submit all draft press releases and advisories related to off-site symposia to ACOG’s Office of Communications for review prior to finalization and release. These materials must be received no later than one week prior to the official start of the Annual Meeting (Friday, April 20th, 2018). All information will be kept strictly confidential.
- Exhibitors may issue press releases stating that they are exhibiting at the Annual Meeting provided they refer solely to products and services that have been approved by ACOG for exhibition.
- Press releases and other communications regarding new research poster and paper abstracts presented at the Annual Meeting may indicate that the research was presented during the meeting. All communications related to new research abstracts should clearly disclose all conflicts of interest of the researchers as well as industry funding of the research. New research posters and papers are embargoed until April 27th, 2018.
- Exhibitors may provide releases/press kits to make available to registered press on site during the Annual Meeting. Press materials must be submitted for review and approval to ACOG’s Office of Communications via email no later than Friday, April 20th, 2018. A maximum of 10 copies of approved releases/press kits per exhibitor will be accepted for display in the Annual Meeting Press Office. Approved materials must be hand delivered to the Annual Meeting Press Office located in the Convention Center. Couriered or overnight packages will not be accepted.
- Please note that on-site public relations solicitation to registered press is prohibited outside of the exhibit hall. ACOG does not release press registration lists before, during, or after the meeting.
If you are a member of the press and interested in attending, please email email@example.com and include your credentials: name, title, affiliation and street address.